Taking Steps to Limit Spread of COVID-19: All lobbies are available by appointment only. Drive-up services will remain open for regular hours, where available, with the exception of the Mentor Midland drive-up, which will remain closed.
What is P2P?
Person-to-Person transfers, or P2P, allow you to quickly send money to someone whether they are a ERIEBANK customer or a customer of another financial institution. This service is FREE and can easily be accessed through Personal eBanking! P2P is available to all customers with a personal checking or savings account.*
For many people, using cash or checks has been the easiest way to pay a friend or acquaintance. However, more and more people are using their smartphones or other electronic devices to make purchases and manage their finances. P2P is a new way of sending money that’s fast, convenient and safe.
Examples of how you can use P2P:
- Pay your roommate back for shared rent or household expenses
- Send money to a relative in college
- Pay back a friend for lunch or concert tickets
How P2P Works
You can send money to almost anyone with an email address, or a mobile phone number. The person will receive a notification with instructions on how to claim the money. See the attached flyer for full details and step by step instructions.
- Q: Are there transaction limits?
- A: Yes, you can send up to $1,000 per transfer, however there are no limits on how many transfers can be made per day, with the exception of some parameters set to detect fraud.
- Q: Can I request money from someone?
- A: No, with P2P you can send money, but not request it from someone else.
- Q: What does it cost to use P2P?
- A: Nothing, P2P transfers within Personal eBanking are FREE!
- Q: I don’t have a checking or a savings account with ERIEBANK, only a loan. Can I use P2P?
- A: No, only customers with a checking or savings account* can use P2P because funds cannot be transferred out of a loan account.
- Q: How is P2P different than Unlinked Transfers?
- A: Internal Transfers can only be sent from ERIEBANK customers to ERIEBANK customers. With P2P, the person you are sending money to does not need to be a ERIEBANK customer.
- Q: How is P2P different than External Transfers?
- A: External Transfers can only be sent to your own account at another financial institution. With P2P, you can send money to another person that has an account at another financial institution.
* exluding HSA, IRA, First Step Checking, and EBBear savings accounts.